Homemade Fish Crackers

I am always on the lookout for snack recipes that my son would eat. I always wanted to make something like goldfish or other type of fish crackers on the market. I have never personally tasted the ones from the market as they contain objectionable ingredients that we cannot eat. So, I wanted to make a halal version of fish crackers. On the weekend I went to a kitchen store called Golda's Kitchen and found the cookie cutter that helped me make this recipe. Btw, I am in love with that store now. If you search online you will be able to find ways on how to make your own cutter using pop cans.

Ingredients:

  •  8 ounces, weight Cheddar Cheese/ Marble cheese, Shredded  or I used food processor to pulse it.
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter, Cut Into Cubes
  • 1 cup Flour
  • ¾ teaspoons Salt
  • 4 Tablespoons Cold Water or more


Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.
Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.
Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
Makes approximately 7 dozen crackers.









Comments

Popular Posts