Vanilla Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting

Here is the most awaited post of this summer. As we are at home due to summer holidays, my children ask for different food all the time. I usually pick up cooking books from library and write recipes on pages of paper if I find something interesting. So, I wrote the ingredients of the following recipe, but don't remember the book where these were from.

Also, I bought these gel food colours a while ago but never used them. So, I wanted to experiment them.

For vanilla cupcakes:

200 gm butter - if you don't have the scale then the closest exchange is 0.85 cup equivalent
200 gm sugar
4 eggs (I prefer eggless cakes so I use egg substitute as I don't like the smell of eggs)
200 gm self rising flour (I used regular all purpose flour)
2 tbsp milk or more (I used more to improve the consistency)

Mix all the ingredients with the blender and then transfer them to muffin tray and bake them at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until done. You can always check by inserting the toothpick to check.

Let the muffins cool down.

Now time to move on butter cream frosting:

1 cup butter
2 cup icing sugar (I have stopped buying icing sugar. It can be made in food processor by adding regular sugar with a tsp of cornstarch or arrowroot powder)
1 to 2 tbsp milk
gel or food colours

Mix all the ingredients together to create the icing. Mix different colour gel food colouring to create different frosting colours. Use ziploc, pipping bags, wilton bags or bottles to create desired styles. 

Let your creativity run wild or share it with your children to decorate.

Enjoy!









Comments

Popular Posts