Nut-free chocolate spread

Schools are nut-free environments and I respect that and try to make nut-free food for my son that I send to school. Also, due to ingredients and preservatives in commercial products I prefer making my own products at home when I have time. So, I finally tried this recipe and it's delicious.


Ingredients
  • 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
  • 1½ tablespoons vanilla essence
  • ¼ cup cocoa powder
  • ¼ cup honey (you can see other substitute. I prefer this)
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2-3 teaspoons coconut oil or vegetable oil, optional (for extra smoothness)
  • ½ cup milk, dairy or nondairy
Instructions

  1. In the bowl of a food processor, process toasted sunflower seeds, stopping intermittently to scrape down the sides of bowl. Continue 2-3 minutes until seeds have turned to thick, creamy butter.
  2. Add in remaining ingredients and blend for an additional 4-5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
  3. Store in airtight container up to 30 days in the fridge –if it lasts that long.

Enjoy :)

Comments

Popular Posts