Freshly Homemade Raisin Bread





My father loves things with raisins. Be it bread or bagel or buns. So, I decided to give this bread a try. Actually I wanted to do this experiment for a long time. I have a breadmaker and I don't like how the breads turn out in it. So, I wanted to make the dough in the breadmaker and baking the bread in the oven. I also bought a bread making pan with the lid for this purpose.

The original recipe used flours that I did not have so I used what I have, hence, I will share my amended recipe.


Raisin Bread

1 TBS instant yeast
2.5 cup all purpose flour
1.5 cup whole wheat atta with soya (sher brand)- If you don't have that use all purpose for the whole recipe or part whole wheat/soya/all purpose
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1.5 cup lukewarm water
1 cup raisins

Mix together all the ingredients in the breadmaker for dough setting. Mine takes 1.5 hours for dough...includes rising and sitting time also.[ If you are doing by hands, then you can mix the ingredients by hand and then let it rise until double for about an hour. Dump dough out onto a lightly floured counter. Gently knead a few times to degas the dough.]

Bake the bread, in the center of the oven for approximately 30 minutes. When done, the loaf should have a nice golden crust, sound hollow when thumped, and have an internal temperature around 200° F. Remove from the pan promptly to cool on a wire rack. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days or over a week in the refrigerator.

Enjoy!!

Note: My dad, mom, husband, son and even guests loved this bread. Some of the family members tried to dress it up with honey and also with almond butter. You can enjoy it by toasting the bread slices in the toaster and applying butter to it.

Comments

Popular Posts