Wedding Style Deghi Qorma




I got this recipe as a photocopy in Pakistan from a magazine called good food in 1998, given by my aunt. Back then, I was a teenage girl who was a beginner, so I kept this booklet and tried few things from it. Recently, I looked back to this booklet and thought to give this qorma a try because now I am not afraid to experiment. This qorma turned out to be really good and was finished the same day.

I changed the ingredients around a bit as I don't eat mutton, so I used beef instead. But, feel free to use whatever meat you want.

Ingredients:
Beef 1-1.5 pound
ghee 3 tbsp (over the years I have learned that the taste and smell of authentic cuisine only comes from using ghee. Also, once the qorma is cooked you can take off the ghee from top, just like I do)
Yogurt 1 cup
Kewra 1 tbsp
ginger/garlic paste 1 tsp / 1 cube
salt 1 tsp
cardamoms green 4
cloves 8
garam masala 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp

Red chilli powder 2 tsp
Brown onion 1/2 cup (3-4 onions)
coriander powder 1 tsp
black pepper 10

In a pan fry onions and take them out and crush them. Dissolve the masalas in the yogurt and add the beef also and let it marinate for 30 minutes. Now, use the same ghee, and add the meat and yogurt mix to the pressure cooker. Add 2-3 cup of water and pressure cook the meat for 30-35 minutes. Open the pressure cooker, and add kewra and onions to the gravy now. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Then serve it with naan or sheermal.

It smells and tastes just like wedding qorma :)

Comments

Popular Posts