Galawat Kabab





Galawat Kabab

I saw this recipe years ago on a tv program and jot down the ingredients. It was one of those secret recipes where the ingredients were only listed but not the amounts. So, when I made these galawat kabab I used my own ratio and proportions. I didn't try this recipe before as I didn't have all the ingredients. This recipe is an authentic lucknowi recipe because it uses lazt-e-taam (spice), that is only available in lucknow. This summer when I was visiting lucknow I got lazt-e-taam spice. I have tried lazt-e-taam but seriously you can't make out a difference if its added or not to the dish...so, if you don't have lazt-e-taam, you can still try this recipe.

Here's the list of ingredients:

Minced Meat (Qeema) 1 pound
papaya minced 3 tsp
fried onion 1 (made as a puree)
garlic 2-3 cloves grinded
red chillies powder 1 tsp
salt 1 tsp
powdered together (khush khush 1 tsp with 2 tsp of kaju (cashews)...khush khush needs to grinded with some liquid for it to be grinded completely)
lazt-e-taam powder 1 tsp
rose water 2 tbsp
besan 1 tbsp

Mix all of the ingredients together in minced meat and let it marinate for few hours. Make them in small patties or oblong kabab size and fry them on a flat pan.

Comments

Popular Posts