Peeli Mirch ka salan (Yellow chilly curry)

Most of you know that I love cooking and eating. Hence, I am always looking to try new dishes and flavours. While, I was sitting at my khala's (aunt) house in India during my trip, I started to browse some femina magazines. This recipe is from one of the Femina Magazine.  I usually write down ingredients only when I am noting the recipes. I have reduced the amount of spices because I dislike heart burns.

1 pound chicken (I prefer boneless)
1 tsp ginger/garlic paste (or 1 frozen cube..that's what I do)
2 tsp lemon juice
3/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp yogurt
1.5 tsp yellow chilly powder (this is usually found at rare spice stores in India) But I recently saw it in Canada in a chinese departmental store also
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp black salt
1/2 tsp lime zest
1/2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves

Heat your utensil with a little bit of oil. Then add chicken. Stir fry a little bit. Then add ginger and garlic and fry a bit more. Now, add the dried powders one after another and stir. Do add some water, so that the spices don't stick. Then add the liquids like yogurt and lemon juice. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Add water as required. Lastly, add coriander leaves. Cook for 5 more minutes. Serve it with rice, naan or roti.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts