Kakori Kabab

I have experimented with many kakori kabab recipes previously and actually thought to gave up on them because the previous recipes were not to my liking at all. Then one time I saw a program where the guy actually travelled to kakori in India. When he arrived there, no one living in kakori knew about these kababs. So, he kept on asking people and came to know of a guy who was the inventor of the recipe. The originator of the recipe died but his family still runs the kakori kabab business in Delhi. The restaurant is in existence since the past 35 years. Aside from few family secret ingredients I was able to note down all the ingredients. For few month, I kept on keeping this recipe aside as it needed lots of ingredients. But finally I made the kababs and I have to say that these are my favourite kababs now.


I eliminated few ingredients from the recipe because I don't think that I would have been able to grind them properly like khush khush and chironji. I also eliminated some masalas that were part of the garam masala mix.

So, here's the version that I made:

2 pounds Qeema
1 raw onion (blended)
1 fried onion (crushed)
2 tbsp yogurt
1/2 tsp javitri powder
few drops of elaichi essence (you can use cardamom powder also)
2 tsp ginger/garlic paste
2 tbsp papaya paste
2 tsp cashew and coconut powder
1 tsp black pepper powder
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
few strands of real saffron or few drops of saffron essence
1 tbsp kewra
2 tbsp ghee or margarine
1.5 tsp salt
2 tbsp besan

Mix all the ingredients together and marinate it for few hours before grilling it or bbq'ing it or even pan fry it.
These kababs turns out to be so tasty and melt in your mouth types.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts