Rampuri Chapli Kabab


This recipe is from a tv program. I enjoy learning about food diaspora. Originally chapli kabab is an afghan/pashtun dish that's popular in pakistan. That chapli kabab uses pomegranate seeds as a main ingredient and they used to be called chappal kabab because they were huge sized and often looked liked chappals. I was told this story when I travelled to northern pakistan and met local pathans. This recipe that I am sharing are from rampuri pathan family (India) and it was interesting to learn their recipe, as it was way different that the pathan recipes that I know of. But due to the coriander in both recipes...they do share a bit similar factor. Alright, enough of my talks. Let's move on the recipe.

1 pound qeema
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp dry dhania
1 tsp dry methi (kasuri)
1 tsp curry powder (original recipe uses dry yellow chillies but I have never seen them so I used my replacement)
1 tsp saunf
1 green chilly
1 tsp besan
1 chopped onion,
a bunch of coriander leaves

Grind all the dry and wet ingredients together with the help of a bit of water. Mix them all in the qeema. Make big patties and fry them on a skillet.

Comments

Popular Posts